Personal data that Flux London collects
Flux London will collect and process the following personal data:
Information that you or someone acting on your behalf provides to Flux London or its Associates. This includes information about you that you give Flux London by communicating with Flux London, whether face-to-face, by phone, e-mail or otherwise. If you are a client or are connected with one of our client's matters, this may include personal data about you or others that is provided to Flux London in connection with the provision of services to that client.
Uses of your personal data
Personal data may be stored and processed by Flux London in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- to contact you in connection with your work with Flux London and the products and services that Flux London provides to you or a client to whom you are connected;
- to perform the contract with you or a client/supplier to whom you are connected (including performing Flux London ' obligations and exercising Flux London ' rights);
- to engage in marketing and business development activity and to advise you or a client to whom you are connected of other products and services similar to those which you or a client to whom you are connected receive from Flux London and/or its Associates;
- to notify you about changes to Flux London 's service;
- to comply with Flux London 's legal and regulatory obligations. This includes reporting to the relevant authorities, complying with anti-money laundering obligations and tax reporting obligations;
- to use it to look into any complaints or queries you or a client/supplier to whom you are connected may have.
Flux London is entitled to use personal data in these ways because:
- Consent - we may (but usually do not) need your consent to use your personal data. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us (see below).
- Performance of a contract - we may need to collect and use your personal data to enter into a contract with you or to perform our obligations under a contract with you or a client to whom you are connected.
- Legitimate interest - we may use your personal data for our legitimate interests, some examples of which are given above.
- Compliance with law or regulation - we may use your personal data as necessary to comply with applicable law/regulation.
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Flux London may disclose personal data to its Associates in the circumstances described below:
- to provide the services or perform its obligations in connection with your contract or the contract of a client/supplier with whom you are connected;
- for the management and administration of the Flux London business;
- for the management and administration of internal policies and procedures within Flux London.
Flux London may also disclose personal data outside of Flux London and its Associates, as follows:
- to the extent required by law, regulation or court order for example if Flux London is under a duty to disclose personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend Flux London 's legal rights, for example if Flux London needs to obtain external legal advice or provide personal data in connection with judicial proceedings.
Transfers of personal data outside the European Economic Area
Personal data may be transferred to or stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Where Flux London stores data outside the EEA, Flux London will ensure that it is protected in a manner that is consistent with how personal data will be protected by Flux London in the EEA.
In other circumstances the law may permit Flux London to otherwise transfer personal data outside the EEA. In all cases, however, Flux London will ensure that any transfer of personal data is compliant with applicable data protection law.
Retention of personal data
How long Flux London holds personal data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by various criteria including:
- the purpose for which Flux London is using it - Flux London will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
- legal obligations - laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which Flux London has to retain personal data.
Rights in relation to personal data
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal data that Flux London holds about you. These rights include:
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data and access to the personal data which Flux London holds about you;
- the right to request that Flux London rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that Flux London erase your personal data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask Flux London to erase your personal data, but Flux London is legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to object to, and the right to request that Flux London restrict, its processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask Flux London to restrict, its processing of your personal data but Flux London is legally entitled to continue processing your personal data and / or to refuse that request;
- in some circumstances, the right to receive some personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that Flux London transmit such data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to personal data which you have provided to Flux London;
- the right to withdraw your consent, although in certain circumstance it may be lawful for Flux London to continue processing your data where Flux London has another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so. Flux London is not relying on your consent in order to process your personal data for the purposes and in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by Flux London.
You can exercise your rights by contacting Flux London using the details set out in the “Contacting Flux London” section below.
You can find out more information about your rights by contacting the relevant data protection authority. We can, on request, tell you which data protection authority is relevant to the processing of your personal data.